This is primarily a back-end role building our clients’ core platform and infrastructure and requiring solid C#/.NET experience on Azure and ideally some front-end AngularJS or ReactJS experience. The role will be at least 50% greeenfield work. If this sounds like you then please read on.
Our client is a leader in the property technology (PropTech) space. They make living in, managing and running residential properties easier. Their mission is to provide the most comprehensive suite of products and services for building and managing residential communities. Their vision is to change the way people experience community living, connect with their neighbours and interact with their homes.
Our client is looking for people who can jump into the stack at any level and own it end-to-end. This
means you are comfortable with building scalable APIs, beautiful front-end apps and the
pipelines to deploy them to the cloud. You also care deeply about engineering best practices
and championing them across a team.
• Play a critical role in building our core product and infrastructure
• Work on maintaining and improving our existing technical infrastructure
• Introduce new technologies in order to help us achieve market-leading technical
• Collaborate with the product team in order to ideate and scope out new features to
make our customer’s lives better
• Of the mindset that great software is about tradeoffs – no one solution fits all
• Someone who believes that done is better than perfect
• Able to wear multiple hats when needed
• Ambitious and curious – you love learning new technologies and apply them to
improving our software
• Strong analytically with a data-driven mindset, and love breaking down walls
Skills and Experience
Your skills and experience should include:
• 4+ years of experience with .NET (C#, ASP.NET MVC/Web API, .NET CORE)
• ORM Frameworks (like NHibernate, Entity Framework etc.) and RDBMS knowledge
• Designing and building RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs
• Development and administration of cloud infrastructure (Azure)
• Experience developing and deploying client-side frameworks/libraries such as Angular,
React, and Vue.
• Testing as an ingrained part of your workflow
• A love of learning and teaching, being both a mentor and mentee
Things that aren’t required but would raise you above the rest:
• Experience championing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and
• Experience building, deploying and managing microservices in the cloud
• Experience with mobile platforms like iOS and Android
• Experience with functional languages like Scala, Clojure, F#, Haskell
• Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB and/or graph database
The client is growing both through acquisition and organic growth and has several different lines of business. This role is for the most heavily tech-focused part of the business. Of their 170 employees, 60 are in this fast-growing part of the business. It’s a collaborative and modern company with a focus on best practices.