Our client, a leader in the desktop and workstation virtualization space is looking for talented, creative and team-oriented C/C++ developer to continue shaping and supporting their PCoIP Zero Client and Remote Workstation Card products. Based on their PCoIP SoC, the zero client and remote workstation card products have over 3 million users in a diverse range of markets, including healthcare, military, education, finance and media and entertainment.
You will be enhancing and supporting a wide range of technologies in their embedded firmware products, including USB peripherals, smart cards, network security protocols, VDI, DaaS, and high-end imaging.
Design, implement, maintain and support embedded firmware, kernel drivers, and application software.
Work with team members to prototype, design, implement, integrate, and document product features.
Write well-documented, high performance, secure, reliable and maintainable code.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues that have been escalated by the support team to development.
- Embedded development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of C/C++ software development experience
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience delivering high quality, maintainable software into commercial products
- Comfort in switching between both software and firmware development environments
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with kernel and device driver development (Linux and/or Windows)
- Windows or Linux application development experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: IP networking protocols, 802.1x, certificates, SCEP, USB, smart cards, authentication protocols, encryption
- Experience with multi-threaded high-performance programming with in-depth knowledge of CPU architectures
- Experience developing secure firmware or software in accordance to industry best-practices (e.g.: OWASP, MSDL)
- Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Experience working directly with end customers
Ideal candidates will be located in Vancouver, BC, however, the client will consider candidates in other parts of Canada that already have the right to work in the country.
If you’re a strong fit for this role, please apply.