Are you an experienced front-engineer with experience with ReactJS and developing to APIs. Are you passionate about building great features and tackling the engineering challenges
involved in delivering them into the hands of customers? If so, you may be a great fit for our client.
The role involves a mix of responsibilities including migrating code from AngularJS to React, significant new feature development and some maintenance and refactoring.
Our client is a leader in the property technology (PropTech) space. They make living in, managing and running residential properties easier. Their mission is to provide the most comprehensive suite of products and services for building and managing residential communities. Their vision is to change the way people experience community living, connect with their neighbours and interact with their homes.
• Of the mindset that great software is about tradeoffs – no one solution fits all
• Someone who believes that done is better than perfect
• Able to wear multiple hats when needed
• Ambitious and curious – you love learning new technologies and apply them to
improving our software
• Strong analytically with a data-driven mindset, and love breaking down walls
Skills and Experience
Your skills and experience should include:
• 3+ years of experience developing client-side code using React and/or AngularJS
• Expertise and knowledge with designing and developing client-side interactive features
using CSS, ES6 and TypeScript
• Proven experience translating complex UX/UI designs into responsive front-end code
• Experience developing against RESTful web services and an opinion on how they should
• A love of learning and teaching, being both a mentor and mentee
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Things that aren’t required but would raise you above the rest:
• Experience developing accessible web applications
• Experience with mobile platforms like iOS and Android
• Experience building distributed systems in the cloud
• Experience working with GraphQL
• Experience with building mobile apps with React Native
The client is growing both through acquisition and organic growth and has several different lines of business. This role is for the most heavily tech-focused part of the business. Of their 170 employees, 60 are in this fast-growing part of the business. It’s a collaborative and modern company with a focus on best practices.