Our client is a fast-growing high-tech company that provides advanced monitoring solutions and analytics for the mining industry. The client is adding a senior C++ developer to the team to support its legacy systems as well as build new features.
You will be:
• Working with team members to architect, design, prototype, implement, and document product software features
• Writing well-documented, high-performance, reliable and clean code
• Writing unit tests
• Interfacing with third party APIs
• Mentoring and train less experienced software developers
• Engineering or Computer Science degree with a focus on software development
• 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong software engineering skills such as design, data structures, abstraction, containerization and encapsulation
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency in modern programming languages: C++, Python, Node.JS, HTML5
• Experience with Revision Control Systems
• Experience with CI/CD systems such as Bamboo
• Experience in leading a team of software developers
• Ability to rapidly learn new APIs
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Experience with software testing frameworks.
• Experience with AWS or other cloud providers is highly desirable
• Experience with any of the following: OpenCV, Tensorflow, Boost, Bash, CMake
About the client:
The client offers a generous compensation package and benefits, as well as a fun and driven work environment and culture. This role is based at their UBC office.
If you’re currently based in Vancouver and consider yourself a good fit for this role, please apply.