Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry? Do you want to work with massive amounts of real-time energy data, and the latest technologies in IoT, machine learning, big data, and mobile and web apps?
Our client and it’s people help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. They are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace their competition. The organization offers an inclusive workplace, empowers its employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrates differences, and treats everyone with equity and respect.
This is a great opportunity to join the client’s clean energy team in their mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home!
The goal is to reduce global carbon emissions through the manufacturing and sale of renewable power backup systems. They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to contribute to our technical vision and to design and build our new cloud web and mobile applications.
The company has recently experience explosive growth from its start-up origin and they need to scale up their technology while continuing to drive innovation of consumer power electronics. They are growing extremely quickly and looking to build out reliable, robust, IoT systems with feature-rich cloud services.
As a senior member of the team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping its future direction. Our client is looking for someone to iterate quickly on all stages of automation, performance and tooling, including bringing new products to production
Ability to lead end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire development process. Driving continuous integration/build and automated testing leveraging modern tools and frameworks that enables the team to release more frequently
Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, and a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems
Above all you should be passionate about solving real world problems, and bringing value to the applications you create
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Lead end-to-end testing initiatives throughout the entire development process with a strong focus on performance testing, stress testing front end, back end automation
- Automation of front end testing, and mobile application testing with iOS and Android
- Analyze product requirements and ensure the automation strategy is aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing utilizing automated testing tools to continuously build an automated regression test suite
What You Bring
- Bachelor degree in Science program or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in commercial software testing in one or more of the following roles: Performance Engineer, Automation Engineer,
- Software Developer, SDET
- Solid background in coding – JAVA is a must
- Experience writing and debugging SQL queries
- Extensive REST API testing
- Experience with Code Coverage tools
- Collaborate with Software Engineers on technical design and implementation, as well as on developing test scenarios and test cases.
- Knowledge of AWS (S3, ECS, Lambda)
Other Desired Skills
- Ability to shift left, and be hands-on in Backend or Front End software development
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation (and they genuinely encourage you to use it)
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Spacious new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver
If you’re interested and a good fit, please apply.