Are you interested in joining a high-growth company and software team in the Clean Energy industry? Do you want to work with massive amounts of real-time energy data, and the latest cloud technologies in IoT?
Our client and it’s people help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. They are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace their competition. The organization offers an inclusive workplace, empowers its employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrates differences, and treats everyone with equity and respect.
This is a great opportunity to join the client’s clean energy team in their mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and create a more intelligent home!
The goal is to reduce global carbon emissions through the manufacturing and sale of renewable power backup systems. They are looking for cloud engineers to apply their technology skills to creation of cloud services that support this mission.
The company has recently experience explosive growth from its start-up origin and they need to scale up their technology while continuing to drive innovation of consumer power electronics. They are growing extremely quickly and looking to build out reliable, robust, IoT systems with feature-rich cloud services.
Why work for our client?
You want to contribute technologically to the reduction of worldwide carbon emissions
You want to help build a distributed power generation network
You want to interact with the entire technology stack (from silicone to cloud)
You want to contribute to modern tech stacks and deprecation of old stacks
What will you do?
You will contribute to the building, testing, deployment, and operation of cloud native applications that support more sophisticated use for the client’s energy solar and storage products. In addition to this new development, you will help to streamline their existing services and manage cloud services for the operation of IoT fleet growth.
Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Above all you should be passionate about solving real world problems, and bringing value to the applications you create.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain API endpoints to enable partner, user-facing, and internal monitoring and control applications
- Harden existing IoT network and micro services to meet growing customer demand while maintaining legacy compatibility
- Provide architecture and design expertise for developing new services that are flexible and extensible enough to meet future technical requirements
- Develop communications technologies for interfacing with utility grid operators
- Able to prioritize effectively the demands for tight deliverable deadlines and high-quality thresholds on software projects
- Work with firmware engineers and technical support to design system features
- Strives to build a culture around excellence in engineering and continuous improvement
What will you be required to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Production Experience with Java or Golang
- 3+ years experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR,
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Proficient in CI/CD tools and processes
- Adept in building microservices and developing REST APIs
- Ability to lead projects from inception to production
What else will you need to be successful?
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Employer RRSP contribution matching
- Unlimited vacation (and they genuinely encourage you to use it)
- Work-from-home flexibility
- Spacious new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver
If you’re interested and a good fit for the role, please apply